Thursday, November 8, 2007

It's almost Thanksgiving -






Where has the year gone? Of course, living in the Phoenix area we are still having summer weather - over 90 degrees every day. Enough already. I want to feel frost and cold air on my face and wear sweaters and an overcoat. Instead, the summer clothes are almost worn out from over use this year. In my office we keep the thermostat so low I wear jackets and sweaters just to remind myself it is indeed fall.

Every day when I'm driving home and stuck in traffic, I call Reyna (daughter) and we relive what we've done that day. It's almost as good as having her still living here but not quite. She listens as I go off about being Green and how the bees are all dying and we must save them. Her dad's causes are 'W' and exercise and mine are being eco savvy and saving things....like the bees. Two thirds of the bee population have died off this year and when one first hears about it one might be inclined to chuckle, but think about all the things in our daily life that are a result of the bees doing their thing. Without pollination we have no fruits or vegies! I'm taking this very seriously and have planted my entire backyard with flowers - so the poor bees that are still alive have a safe harbor in the sea of desert around me. No one gardens in my neighborhood so I am their only sanctuary. Scientists have been working overtime on the dilemma of the bees and it appears to be a multi-leveled problem including stress and memory loss caused by pesticides. Well let me tell you - I'm doing all I can to help out.

The other news is my last trip to Seattle two weeks ago. I got to drive up to Bellingham and see my son, Javan and his partner Terina and daughter Teilani. It was a first time seeing Teilani and she is a doll. She and Elsie were best friends instantly and played and shared toys and sippy cups like they'd known each other since birth. Elise just turned a year in October and Teilani was a year is June. That is great for them growing up together and being friends for life.

I plan to go up to Seattle again next weekend and then again in December and of course for two weeks minimum in January to welcome Goonie - my first grandson. I need to get trained on how to survive a day taking care of an active toddler ending with Elsie in a good mood and ready for bed on schedule. Her mother gets exhausted and is 30 years younger. What hope is there for me?? With 8 days training under my belt I'll feel a bit more confident.

Reyna has been busy getting Goonie's nursery put together. She's doing a Pirate theme. It looks so cute - she's a craft diva and has done so many cute things in a Pirate vein - the best is a song lyric she put on a wall "picture" and all kinds of nicknack's that are so cute. Goonie is going to love his new room.

I keep trying to get to my Etsie site to add knitted hats, but working all day and then getting home after 7 PM most days makes it tough. It took me all day Sunday to take and edit new pictures of everything using a better camera and then Photshop editing them - by the time I was done the evening was well underway and I was pooped. There needs to be an additional day to the week or 30 hours per day. I'm not even busy compared to some people. Reyna gets to read her email and scrapbook after 9PM when Elsie is down, and my friend Jennifer does all her jewelry making from 10 PM - 4 AM. I guess if I could get by on 4 hours sleep there would be no problem. Unfortunately, they have shown in studies that sleeping less than 7 hours a night can make you fat so it's 8 hours min. for this kid. I feel like an old person going to bed at 9:30 PM but if it allows me that piece of pie, so be it.

Hope this letter finds you all well and happy.












- Happy Thanksgiving -

Dreaming In Colors




No comments: