Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A man for all reasons - VOTE Nov.4th


I am so excited that election day is almost here! I have been an active supporter of Barak Obama from the time he announced his candidacy and the roller coaster ride has been exhilerating.

I can honestly say I haven't been this excited about a presidential condidate since Bobby Kennedy back in the 1970's!! There is so much HOPE with Barak and the fruition of dreams we had as young people for the country to come together and not see differences but strength in our variety of races, religions and cultures.


I lost that HOPE in the 80's, 90's and the elections since 2000, but then out of nowhere comes this voice of calm optimism that spread to everyone who was willing to let go of the status quo and think big and outside the norm we had adjusted to.


Recently, I woke up to the frightening fact that Senator Obama is taking considerable risk to run as a man of mixed race in a country that still has citizens who are ignorant and blind to the character being more than color in a person, and will probably try to silence a promise we hear loud and clear. I pray all the time "not again". I lived through John, Martin, Bobby and Malcom X who's deaths left a scar on this country we've never recovered from. The what if's have been deafening and now we have a shining light that must not be silenced.


I thank Barak from the depths of my soul for taking that risk on our behalf. We cherish him for it.


Please take the time to VOTE and make your voice heard - people died for your right to do so and you should honor them and yourself for that freedom.


Take care til next time.

Hannah - always, Dreaming in Colors










No comments: